Skip to main content

Wedding Wednesday - Major Wedding Trends of 2015

Hi Readers!

While browsing the inter webs searching for lovely things to write about, I stumbled upon an article entitled, "Top 7 Wedding Trends of 2015" Being a newly married woman who just had a wedding, I wanted to see what these trends were and how corBridal held up against them. We did ok... But any excuse to write about the wedding for the last time (this year) I will take it!


 Lets get right into Vogue's 2015 list!!

The bridal selfie stick:


Now that I am seeing how the selfie stick could have been used, I am a bit jealous. On the other hand.. who has time to whip out the selfie stick when you are paying good money for a photographer?! However,  I did take a few bridal selfies.. I love a good selfie!


Drone Photography:

I have heard about this recently and it is all the rage! A little drone flies above the couple and captures a larger range of picture! Has anyone done this? Let me know in the comments below if you loved it!

The "Naked" Cake!

Ahhh! Yes! Score one here for corStyle!! We opted for a less elaborate cake adorned with flowers instead of a cake topper. I absolutely loved the way the desert table turned out!! We did cupcakes in three different flavors, but our flavors were a champagne cake with a white chocolate frosting! Mmmmmm!



Guests Wearing White:

This is something that is coming into fashion more and more these days. Brides are opting for their bridal parties to wear white or sometimes even the mother of the bride gets in on the action too. I know we had a few people wear white to our wedding and thought it was lovely! How do you feel about people wearing white to a wedding?

Singlar Bridal Parties!

Apparently brides and grooms are opting for just a best man and a maid of honor instead of a bridal party. I have a large family and very dear friends and I couldn't have imagined not having them all up there with us to share in the moment. I wouldn't of wanted it any other way.



Asymmetrical Flower Arrangements:

Well I didn't pass on this one either! I wanted a smaller clean cut flower arrangement that was more timeless than current. I opted for white english garden roses and couldn't have been more happy. However, I am not going to lie to you there are so many cute asymmetrical arrangements that are amazing right now. For example, this one below is stunning!!


These are the suite of flowers I choose and were obsessed with them.



Lastly, since we are on the topic of weddings and I can't help myself. Here are a few more pictures from our special moment in time!!



If you were a 2015 bride, how did you score? Sound off in the comments below!

Until next time readers, 

Xo-
Cor

For more trends in bridal fashion visit Vogue.com!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday- Best Dresses to Wear to a Summer Wedding

Wedding season is upon us and if your like me, you have just started going to all the weddings of the season! My inspiration for this post came from  Elle Magazine . They did an amazing article on the best looks to wear to a wedding and it got me thinking about wanting to give my readers some tips and highlight a few looks for these special days. Weddings are a lot of fun to go to and you always want to look your best for when you are seeing your friends and family! Here are a few rules to get you started: 1) No cream or white-- Please do not be that one person all the others are giving dirty looks to because you wore an all white look to a wedding. I think having cream or white come through in your look in some way is totally great, especially in these summer months. However, just don't have your entire dress be white. I have seen this done before and its not well received. 2) Pay attention to what the invitation says the attire will be-- If the invitation says blac...

Oscars- 2015 edition

Readers and friends, It's finally the Oscars!! It is one of my most favorite times of year. I usually have a large gathering with my best friends and family and this year was no exception. We had apps, and champagne and truly celebrated the films, fashion and everything that is Hollywood. With that, lets get into the best dressed of the evening!! Lupita Nyong'o seen here in a custom pearl Calvin Klein gown. I will tell you, I was so curious how she was going to out do her last years look , but this is so beautiful in a totally different kind of way. I adore her and am obsessed with the pearls and the peak a boo cut outs that is this dress. Way to go Lupita! OMG Julienne Moore!! She is seen here in custom Channel and looks beyond gorgeous. This dress on screen looked absolutely incredible, yet I feel it didn't photograph as well. After wearing Givenchy all season, she choose to switch it up tonight which I was so happy about. I absolutely love this look and wi...

corBridal Special Series: The Wedding

Readers, Let me start by painting you a little picture. That moment you dream of as a little girl. That moment when you know you meet the right person your heart wants to love forever. That moment you dream of throughout an entire year of planning. The moment you walk down that aisle and marry the person of your dreams. Well, this all happened,  corBridal finally happened! My fantasy turned reality and it truly was the most magical, fun, day of my entire life to date. This time last month, we were basking in the glory of wedded bliss, living in those precious moments and preparing for a magical honeymoon to Hawaii! It was truly such a beautiful time in our lives! Now, there were a few pieces of advice that every married person before me mentioned and they were totally right. One, that it was the happiest day of their entire life and two, the day will be a complete blur and go so fast. I have bits and pieces of moments and photos to pinch myself that it actually was real. I some...