Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday- Crop Tops!

To see crop tops coming back in a major way seriously blows my mind! I grew up with the belly baring Britney Spears showing all the way from below her hip bones to right under her bosoms. I was scarred. Case in point below:

Well unless you live under a rock, you have been seeing this trend creep in for the last few months and now that its summer, I feel that we will all start seeing it with a vengeance! I for one, was so happy when the extreme crop went away (honestly, I feel like it took at least a decade). However, the new generation of crops seems to be more subdued and even subtle if you will. Below are a few of my favorite subtle looks:







I love that this look has the crisp white crop top with the lilac full skirt. It would be fun to wear this look to a bbq party or out at night! Please note, the ever so slight view of skin. Its just enough in my mind.

                           http://www.pinterest.com/pin/402227810441674469/


I love the monochrome crop shirt and skirt Sam Faires is wearing! It is so fun she did an  added pop with her blue suede shoes!


TOWIES's Sam Faiers' spring ready crop top and matching skirt

http://www.handbag.com/shopping-bag/i671307-1/celebrities-loving-the-crop-top-trend-towiess-sam-faiers-spring-ready-crop-top-and-matching-skirt.html#a464058

Love her or hate her, Kristen Stewart is truly flaunting this trend well! I love the wide brimmed leather pants and the crop top. Only thing I would do is lose the sweatshirt around her waste. This would be a perfect transition into the fall months!

Kristen Stewart's Chanel crop top and flared trousers

We love how the graduated stripes of Beyoncé's outfit framed her perfectly toned abs.


How cute is Olivia Munn wearing this trend on the streets! I love the floral print pants and the plain sheer white crop! Love her!

Olivia Munn knows the fastest way to our fashion hearts: pair pajama pants with a supersheer top. How comfy and stylish does this look?






Just so we are clear of what is and is not acceptable, below is not allowed ladies!

Bubble Crochet Back Crop Tank




Please don't make me hand out an "Off Trend" award to you!!


Dear Readers-- Just as a PSA. please remember to not show that much skin! Even though its 110 outside and it may feel like you can wear a bathing suit in public, not all situations are conducive for belly baring.

Until next time friends!!

XO-
Cor

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding Wednesday- Best Dresses to Wear to a Summer Wedding

Wedding season is upon us and if your like me, you have just started going to all the weddings of the season! My inspiration for this post came from  Elle Magazine . They did an amazing article on the best looks to wear to a wedding and it got me thinking about wanting to give my readers some tips and highlight a few looks for these special days. Weddings are a lot of fun to go to and you always want to look your best for when you are seeing your friends and family! Here are a few rules to get you started: 1) No cream or white-- Please do not be that one person all the others are giving dirty looks to because you wore an all white look to a wedding. I think having cream or white come through in your look in some way is totally great, especially in these summer months. However, just don't have your entire dress be white. I have seen this done before and its not well received. 2) Pay attention to what the invitation says the attire will be-- If the invitation says black tie

Trendy Festival Wear - 2016

Hello there to my favorite readers! Festival season is now officially upon us. One thing I noticed this year is that the fashion retailers are advertising specifically to the festival goer, making it easier than ever to find your perfect look. It doesn't seem like it has changed too much since last year, besides there is even more of a 70's vibe mixed with the 90's in these looks. However, we still have the obvious staples -- the  headbands, the crop tops and the ripped jeans. Lets dive right into some of the best festival looks this season and how they can transition into your summer wardrobe and beyond! Grecian style shoes . I mean, perfection. I mean, say no more! These shorts ,some denim, a big hat and a choker! Your comfy and trendy! Georgy Georg bright colored dress . Pompom Playsuit . Need it! PS, is playsuit the new word for romper!? Braided headband!? I want it and Im not going to a festival! Obsessed with this v

Dressing Diaries- ASOS Sheath Dress

It's about that time to start another reoccurring series entitled Dressing Diaries . I thought it would be fun to give you a peak into how I style myself and how some of my favorite looks come together. Start of dressing process:  Very late at night, the day before an event (nothing like a fair amount of procrastination), I always ask my sweet  fiancĂ©   to take a picture of my outfit. By the time I get to the pictures, I have narrowed down the look to two or three different choices. PS- this is a really good tip if you haven't tried it before.  I know that sounds funny, but in todays world where there are so many pictures taken its important for you to be able to visualize the final look so you aren't left disappointed. It is also good to be able to see what shoes look best and what accessories complete the ensemble.  Completion of dressing process : I went with nude lace up heels (you can find something similar to purchase here ) and opted for loose, wavy hair